Aims and Objectives of the Committee
The Arts and Cultural Committee aims to do the following:
- Advancement of Dominica's culture locally, regionally, and internationally.
- Contribute to the economic development of Dominica's cultural industry.
- Work with the Diaspora in preserving the cultural traditions of Dominica.
- Teach Dominican cultural traditions to children of Dominican lineage.
- Create exposure for Dominican artists, art educators, art administrators, and art related businesses and organizations.
- Establish a network of Dominican artists at home and abroad.
- Create teaching opportunities for Dominican artists and artistic entrepreneurs.
- Conduct workshops and seminars in all aspects of the cultural industry.
- Create a directory of Dominican artists at home and abroad.
- Use arts and culture as a marketing tool for Dominica's tourism industry.
- Promote the use of Dominican cultural forms as tools for education, community and youth development.
- Support arts in education programs in Dominican schools.
- To work with Dominica's government, non government and private sector on matters related to art and culture.
- Organize exchanges between Dominican based and artists in the Diaspora.
Delmamce 'RasMo' Moses
Chair, DAAS Art & Culture Committee,
Pink & Blue (Arts For Violence Prevention Project),
640 Orange Street, New Haven CT 06511,
Phone: 203 605 0925;