Objectives of Finance Committee
The functions of the Finance Committee are set out in ARTICLE VII, Section X and Section XI of the DAAS Bylaws.
The principal duty of the Treasurer shall be
- to have charge of and custody of and be responsible for all funds and securities/assets of DAAS that come into his/her possession.
- In general, perform all of the duties incident to the office of Treasurer and have such other duties and exercise such other authority as from time to time may be delegated to him/her by the Board of Directors.
- To see that financial reports, annual reports, annual budgets and audits are prepared as requested by the Board;
- Assume responsibility for signing checks as one of two designated persons.
- Serve as Chairperson on the Finance Committee.
The position of Assistant Treasurer is an extension of the Treasurerís office. The principal duties are primarily:
- to assist the treasurer in performing those duties in as expeditious a manner as is possible.
- He or she will assume full responsibilities of the Treasurer in the event that the latter becomes absent for reasons which include resignation, dismissal, death, excused or unexcused absences.