Aims and Objectives of the Committee
The functions of the Public Relations and Information Sub-committee are set out in ARTICLE VII, Section XII of the DAAS Bylaws.
The PRO shall serve as Chairperson on the News and Information Committee and be a member of the Finance Committee and shall:
- Be responsible for the proper functioning of the media, public relations and the publication apparatus of DAAS.
- Counsel the President and the Board on the media and public relations program of DAAS, and shall counsel the Board with respect to all publications of DAAS. The PRO shall perform such duties pertaining to the office of the PRO as may be delegated by the Board and/or the President.
- Be the Board liaison to any structure of DAAS responsible for the media and public relations activities and publications of DAAS.
- Not issue public proclamations on behalf of DAAS without prior approval of the President unless so authorized by the Board.
- Be responsible to coordinate spokespersons. Spokespersons shall be members around the world who assist the Public Relations Officer in promoting DAAS.