SUSTAINABLE TOURISM PRODUCT SPECIALIST
The Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) is seeking a Sustainable Tourism Product Specialist who will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of projects and activities, which will help to increase tourism revenue in CTO member countries by encouraging the growth, quality, competitiveness and sustainability of the Caribbean tourism product.
- Developing and delivering an annual programme of activities which seeks to enhance the growth, quality, competitiveness and sustainability of the Caribbean tourism product
- Developing quality standards for Caribbean destinations and tourism products
- Initiating and/or undertaking relevant research and case studies, which are regional in scope, focusing on the impact of tourism on the social, cultural/heritage and environmental resources of the region
- Researching and compiling Best Practices in the area of product development for the purpose of disseminating and sharing of information with CTO’s membership
- Planning of the annual Caribbean Sustainable Tourism Conference
- Developing and managing projects related to the work of the CTO’s Product Development Programme
- Providing technical advice/assistance on management issues related to product development and sustainable tourism matters to Ministers of Tourism, Boards of Tourism and other public and private sector tourism entities in the CTO member states
- Designing and delivering training and development programmes dealing with product development and sustainable tourism matters
- Liaising on an on-going basis with regional and extra-regional institutions and projects dealing with tourism and sustainable development matters
Qualifications and Experience:
- At minimum, a first degree in Tourism Management, Environmental Management, Development, Planning or Resource Management
- No less than five (5) years experience in their field of expertise
- Knowledge of and experience in project management and implementation
- Work related to the field of sustainable development would be a definite asset
- Ability to communicate in Spanish and/or French in addition to English would be a definite asset
Interested candidates must supply a letter of interest and curriculum vitae, including the names of two referees and send this information to:
Director of Human Resources
Caribbean Tourism Organization
One Financial Place, Collymore Rock
St. Michael, BARBADOS
Tel: (246) 427-5242; Fax: (246) 429-3065
Applications will not be accepted by email.
The deadline for applications is Monday, 22 December 2008
INTEGRITY COMMISSION: VACANCY NOTICE - RESEARCH ASSISTANT
The Integrity Commission requires the services of a Research Assistant. The Commission was established under section 4 of the Integrity in Public Office Act, 2003, No. 6 of 2003, which came into operation on September 1, 2008.
The functions of the Commission include:
- to receive, examine and retain declarations of income, assets and liabilities filed with it under the Act;
- to make such enquiries as it considers necessary in order to verify or determine the accuracy of declarations filed under the Act;
- without prejudice to the provisions of any other enactment, to inquire into any allegations of bribery or an act of corruption under the Act; and
- to receive and investigate complaint regarding non-compliance with any provision of the Act.
The duties of the Research Assistant are as follows:
- Carrying out research on all accounting and financial information required by the Commission;
- Making preliminary examination of all declarations filed by persons in public, life from time to time;
- Advising the Commission on the status of completion and accuracy of the declarations filed by persons in public life under the Act;
- Analyzing financial statements and accounts and assisting the Commission in interpreting them;
- Performing such other functions as may be assigned by the Commission.
- A first degree from a recognised institution of learning or intermediate qualifications from ACCA, ICA, IGA or equivalent
- Five (5) years experience in the field of Accounting or Finance
The office of Research Assistant requires high confidentiality and the person recruited shall be required to take an Oath of Office and an Oath of Secrecy in accordance with the provisions of the Integrity in Public Office Act.
STATUS OF OFFICE
The person recruited, if outside the Public Service, shall be appointed a public officer in accordance with section 85 of the Constitution.
Remuneration is negotiable.
Applications along with two (2) references should be addressed to the Chairman, Integrity Commission,
4 Turkey Lane,
and must reach him by 4:00 pm on November 24, 2008.