Objectives and Mission Statement
To improve quality of life among Dominican people through empirical research and sustainable development.
The Objectives are as follows:
- To stimulate appropriate research questions;
- seek funding;
- gather data;
- analyze data;
- compile and disseminate findings;
- develop, analyze, and evaluate programs and policies as they relate to the social, economic, cultural, and other uplifts of the Dominica people, broadly defined.
Inaugural positions of the committee are as follows:
- Diaspora Chairperson - Responsible to oversee and coordinate overall vision, operations, stability, sustainability, and assessment of the Committee, especially as it relates to activities occurring outside of Dominica. To work in complete harmony with Local Chairperson.
- Local Chairperson - Responsible to oversee and coordinate overall vision, operations, stability, sustainability, and assessment of the Committee, especially as it relates to specific activities occurring on the island of Dominica itself. To work in complete harmony with Diaspora Chairperson.
- Vice Chair and Administrative Assistant - To be primarily responsible for all record-keeping protocols of the Committee; to serve as Chair in absence of Chairpersons;
- Treasurer - To be responsible for all financial record-keeping of the Committee.
- Grantmaker - To serve as leader in targeting, soliciting, reviewing, awarding, evaluating grants and grant proposals associated with DAAS affiliated research and developmental projects.
- Assistant Grantmaker - To work closely with Grantmaker in order to execute responsibilities in a timely and effective manner.
- Programs Monitor (or Programs Coordination?) - To server as the major quality control person responsible to oversee the smooth functioning and compliance of all ACTION PROGRAMS and RESEARCH PROJECTS funded by DAAS.
- Assistant Programs Monitor -To serve as direct assistant to Programs Monitor.
DAAS Research & Development Committee